Don’t Miss your Chance to be a Presenter at the AgSafe Conference- ACTIVATE18
Thanks to the ongoing support of our members, the invaluable expertise of our conference presenters, and the generosity of our sponsors, the AgSafe Conference has been the one stop program for agricultural worker safety and health training for over 20 years! During this time over 2,000 sessions have been delivered to more than 15,000 participants in both English and Spanish on the most pressing issues impacting the agriculture as it relates to their workforce.
The time has come to begin thinking ahead to the 2018 program. Just as the food and farming industry has embraced ingenuity and innovation to restructure and expand their businesses, AgSafe too is working to streamline our program to meet the new needs of this dynamic, multi-faceted industry. This year AgSafe’s signature conference is being reimagined and transformed into the AgSafe ACTIVATE Conference. We hope the name will inspire attendees to push past regulatory compliance toward setting new industry standards in the food and farming industry. Additionally, we are adapting the conference schedule to keep up with the demanding schedules of our participants, sessions will take place over a two day period Wednesday February 28th and Thursday March 1st.
We look to you, integral members of our industry, to provide sessions with practical and innovative solutions on pressing safety, health, human resources, leadership development, and food safety topics impacting you and our industry. Please lend us your support by completing our session proposal survey by July 28, 2017 where you can express your interest in presenting and select a topic from the list below. We will also be considering presenter suggested topic if you do not see your preferred topic listed.
The AgSafe Conference would not be possible without the support of our presenters. The AgSafe team thanks you for your contribution.
The benefits of presenting at ACTIVATE18 include:
- Name, title, and company printed in the ACTIVATE18 registration brochure
- Name, title, company, and contact details printed in the ACTIVATE18 program
- Biography and contact details on our website and the conference app
- Website recognition leading up to the conference
- Individual presenters (one to two speakers per session) will receive complimentary registration to the two day conference. Group/Panel presenters will receive a complimentary registration for the day of their session, and a reduced rate for the other day.
*Travel, lodging, and meal expenses are the responsibility of the presenter
- Networking opportunities
As an ACTIVATE18 presenter the following is required:
- Complete session proposal survey. Identify learning objectives as well as tools, resources, hands on activites, and/or technology you will use during your session to enhance the presentation.
- Submit session title and description with learning objectives by deadline
- Submit a short biography and headshot to be used on our website
- Submit PowerPoint presentation by deadline of Friday, December 15, 2017
- Grant permission to distribute a hard copy of the presentation and/or a locked PDF version to conference attendees and also to be available on our website post conference
- Submit an emergency contact name and phone number
ACTIVATE18 Topic Ideas
Workplace Culture and Leadership
- Creating Culture of Safety- all-inclusive programs
- ‘Selling Safety’- constant influence on behavioral safety all over company- Spanish and English
- Handling Changing Workforce Styles- dynamics of experienced workforce and incoming millennials, looking beyond ag, how do other programs train and manage millennials?
- Ageing Workforce- existing assist programs, proper exiting
- Team Building-Spanish and English
- Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Strengths Finder
- SWOT Analysis
- Distracted Driving- CHP Training
- Hazardous Materials- What counts? What to do with it? How to get rid of it? Transportation?
- Confined Spaces
- Increasing Productivity
- Pesticide Transportation
- Irrigation Pump Safety
- Fumigation Safety
- Coolers and Processing in Fresh Cut Facilities
- Indoor Safety- pinch points, wet floors, machine guarding
- Ladder Safety/Fall Protection- Spanish
- Working Around Water- rivers, ponds, reservoirs, canals- signage, rescue, CAL/OSHA Compliance
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Chemical Use and Safe Storage- Spanish and English
- Ergonomics for fields, processing lines, and offices
Human Resources and Worker’s Compensation
- Gangs and Workplace Violence
- Annual Updates on New HR Laws –English and Spanish
- Employee Handbooks
- Marijuana Legalization and Effects on Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Onboarding Process
- ‘First Days’- effectively training new employees- Spanish
- APHIS- International Shipping, Raw Commodities
- Hot Work- permits and regulations
- Tele Medicine
- Cyber Attacks
- Equipment Stamping-Rural Crime Management and Prevention
- Technology in Spanish- Explaining benefits of technology